The Articles of Faith: Evangelical Edition
1. We believe in one, and only one, God. He is one Being in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. We believe God has always been God, and was never created, formed, or exalted.
2. We believe men are created, finite beings. We become adopted children of God through faith, but we remain a different species apart from God.
3. We believe that through Adam’s transgression, all men were made sinners and stand condemned.
4. We believe that through the blood of Christ, man can be saved by grace through faith.
5. We believe in the sufficiency of unmerited grace, which nullifies the need for conditional saving ordinances.
6. We believe in the priesthood of all believers. That is, that all true believers are priests of God regardless of gender or age.
7. We believe that Christ’s true Church never ceased. We affirm that Jesus kept His word when He said the gates of hell would never prevail against it.
8. We believe in unity on essential doctrines, liberty on non-essentials, and in all things charity.
9. We believe the Bible to be the Word of God as far as it is transmitted and translated correctly.
10. We believe the Bible is inerrant, infallible, and God-breathed. If any revelation is not in the Bible, we must assume that it is speculation, man’s own personal opinion; and if it contradicts what the Bible says, it is not true. This is the standard by which we measure all truth.
11. We believe in the Great Commission: The evangelism and discipling of all nations. This life is the only opportunity to accept salvation, and therefore, both message and mission are urgent.
12. We believe in the eternal marriage of Christ, the Bridegroom, to His bride, the church. We further affirm that the church is the body of believers and not an organization.
13. We believe in sanctification: that a believer will grow in their relationship with God and bear good fruit. We believe in obedience to God, not to gain salvation, but in gratitude for having received it.